VAT is a neutral tax funded by your clients. If you are liable to VAT, you can recover this tax without incurring financial loss. However, VAT remains a complex topic, subject to regular modifications. In depth knowledge is thus necessary in order to fully comprehend all of its subtleties and for effective long-term planning.
VAT: limit the risks!
Poor management of your VAT may lead to additional payment being claimed by the Swiss Federal Tax Administration (FTA), which could have a heavy impact on your treasury.
To avoid such inconvenience, we advise that you implement processes to ensure the correct reporting of your VAT and to enable you to adapt to its development. You can contact a VAT expert to support you in achieving this.
Are you experiencing problems regarding VAT?
Our tax advisors are specialised in VAT. They will be happy to carry out an audit for you and, where necessary, provide you with recommendations to assist you in meeting your tax obligations and in minimising your risk of fines from the FTA.
After the audit is carried out, our team remains available to handle and verify your VAT reporting and to provide support in your interactions with the FTA (requests for information, verifications, judicial procedures, etc.).
VAT Audit methodology
Rectification and concordance: procedures
- Do you need to make changes to the reporting that you have already submitted to the FTA?
- Complete the reporting correction form for the relevant period before the end of the tax period.
- At the end of the year:
- You must complete a concordance form and submit it to the FTA.
- Have you noticed mistakes in your VAT reporting?
- You must correct the figures in the concordance form.
- If you become aware of any further errors after submitting this form, inform the FTA before the end of the tax period.
- If you would like to change your reporting method (net tax rate method – effective method) or your form of reporting (agreed – collected):
- You must respect the legal timeframes and complete any corrections made necessary by the changes made.
For further information regarding our VAT audits, contact us for a personalised offer to fit your requirements: email@example.com, or call us on +41 22 906 11 77.